About “tower defense” has been written many times, and no doubt can be said that these games just do not get bored. Some claim that killing monsters that are aimed at one clearly-defined target – is better than big-budget productions of the biggest companies.
What is Tower Defense Game?
Tower Defense is a kind of game in which you have to defeat enemies who automatically aim for one goal. You are constantly defending this goal and trying to keep the game as little enemies as possible to reach the place you defend. If it’s not interesting to someone, the most important thing is that you can continually improve your skills to improve your chances of winning.
When did it start?
Between 2007 and 2008, the TD genre became a phenomenon, due in part to the popularity of the tower defense mode in real time strategy games, but mainly due to the huge rise of Adobe Flash independent developers as well as the emergence of major smartphone app stores from Apple and Google. The first stand-alone browser games emerged in 2007. Among them were the extremely popular titles Flash Element Tower Defense released in January and still popular Desktop Tower Defense released in March. Desktop Tower Defense earned an Independent Games Festival award, and its success led to a version created for the mobile phone by a different developer.
Another important Flash title released in 2008 was GemCraft. Handheld game console were not ignored in the boom and titles included Lock’s Quest and Ninjatown released in September and October respectively.
The basic gameplay elements of all tower defense games are:
territories or possessions that must be defended by the player
the base must survive waves of multiple incoming enemies attacks
placement of “Tower” elements, or obstructions along the path of attacking enemies.
Top tower defense games in 2017
- Kingdom Rush – Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, evil wizards, trolls, and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command!
- Brain Defense – This is a tower defense challenge that lies inside human brain. Neurotransmitters fight in a war to defend the Neuron with top strategy and a rush of inspiration. Build a defensive line with a powerful tower and defend your brain.
- Infinitode – Вuild different types of towers to defend your base from the crowds of weird enemies, unlock new levels and hundreds of global upgrades, try to get to the higher wave!
- Bloons TD – Go monkey vs monkey with other players in a bloon-popping battle for victory and fame! From the creators of best-selling Bloons TD 5, this all new Battles game is specially designed for longer multiplayer combat, featuring 18 custom head-to-head tracks, incredible towers and upgrades, all-new attack and defense boosts, and the ability to control bloons directly and send them charging past your opponent’s defenses.
- Radiant Defense – Build your space fortress any way you wish, set up wide variety of weapons and traps and let the invasions begin!
We have two types in 2017. Brain Defense deserves much attention, because it is a game for people who demand the game is full of humor and interesting solutions. In addition, we recommend Infinitode, because the big tree of improvements makes a great impression .